|The most recent release is always available from the Sourceforge download page.
For Linux and other *NIXes
- If you just want to run the program, you only need to download and install "hydra-0.x.x-x.i386.rpm" OR "hydra-static-0.x.x-x.i386.rpm"
- The "static" RPMS are build with QT compiled in statically; if you're not sure if your system has QT 3.2 or greater installed, you might want to download those instead.
- The tar.gz files contain a prebuilt binary ("hydra") as well as source and libraries. You will still need to get Common C++ (from http://cplusplus.sourceforge.net)if you want to recompile.
- If you just want to run the program, you only need to download "hydra3d-0.x.x-win32.zip". Unzip it and double-click "hydra.exe" to run.
- To build, you'll need Visual C++ .NET (version 7 or newer). Download "hydra3d-0.x.x-win32_src.zip", unzip, and build.
A note: You must have the GLUT library installed to run Hydra3D. Nearly all recent distributions include it by default, but a few have chosen not to. If you can run the program "glxgears," you should be fine.
Another note: Currently, Hydra only runs on Linux, other related operating systems, and Windows; a Mac port may follow, depending on demand.